Title: Director, Business Affairs
Reporting to: President, New Metric Media
Location: Toronto or Sudbury, ON
Starting: December 2020 or January 2021
Engagement: Full Time Contract Position, 6-12 Months
Company: New Metric Media, is an award-winning production company focused on creating brand defining, memorable and authentic content for global audiences. The company is behind the hit Hulu/Crave original comedy LETTERKENNY and the Netflix/CityTV premium drama series BAD BLOOD. The company was recently named winner of the Banff World Media Festival’s 2018 Innovative Producer Award. The company is also recognized as a leader in brand marketing for its success with Letterkenny and Bad Blood’s off-screen extensions, including beer, collectible merchandise, a branded escape room activation with a national immersive entertainment franchise featuring Bad Blood, as well as Letterkenny LIVE!, a North American theatre tour with the stars of the series.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES but obviously there is more. There is always more…
1) Creating viable and realistic budgets and finance plans including accurate tax credit estimates for $10- $30M scripted series on the regular. Development and Production.
2) Negotiating, Drafting and Executing
a) above the line talent and literary contracts at development and production stage
b) broadcaster/funder contracts (development and production) including rights acquisitions payment
schedules and sales
c) development IP acquisitions
d) leading any paper that comes up from any seemingly random business opportunity that this
innovative company seems to get mixed up in. See Puppers Premium Lager, or Letterkenny Live Tour
3) Overseeing prompt fulfilment of paper deliverables to receive all Accounts Receivables from funders
before others in company start asking “why haven’t we closed the books on this prodco yet?”.
WHO YOU ARE:
• In it to win it. You love a good challenge and determined to find solutions.
• Insanely Efficient & Reliable. Your word is your bond and you get things done.
• Fast and Precise. Time is precious.
• Inspired by Innovation. Always looking to find new strategies and processes.
• Critical thinker and Strategic.
• Master of the Canadian content film and television regulatory system and funding models. Cause if it’s not you, then who the heck is it?
• Master of Canadian and US unions/guild IPAs and how to contract above the line talent. Specifically, WGA/ WGC, DGA/DGC, ACTRA/SAG. Cause that stuff’s complicated and someone needs to own it…ie you.
• Solid reputation amongst agents, unions, funders etc.
• 7-10 years relevant experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
• Proficiency in Movie Magic/ Entertainment Partners Budgeting and Scheduling • Production experience in a management capacity is an asset.
Interested applicants please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com